These vintage caged bead earrings are modelled on a design often used from the 1940s through to the 1960s and will swing beautifully as you move.
They are made with vintage findings of an unusual bell shape made in post-war Japan for the American jewellery manufacturing industry. They are old warehouse stock, so they are 70 years old and still technically new!
These earrings are:
- ethically and sustainably made
- limited edition
- available in 4 different bead colours
- made with vintage brass caged beads made in Japan circa 1950s and vintage brass chain
- 4.7 cm from the top of the hook to the base of the drop
- Finished with 14 carat gold filled hooks
Handmade in my Melbourne workshop, these earrings contain vintage materials which show signs of their age in a deepened patina and minor wear. I think that is what gives them so much charm.