The Sautoir necklace - a long chain or beaded necklace, often terminating in tassels or a pendant to me symbolises the freedom of movement women gained in the 1920s.
This elegant necklace combines a vintage Czechoslovakian coin with semi-precious Amazonite and a vintage tassel.
Amazonite is a calming stone said to provide harmony and balance. It is also called the Stone of Courage and the Stone of Truth facilitating self-discovery, self-awareness and an ability to embrace one's own integrity and truths and live by them.
This necklace is:
- ethically and sustainably made
- a limited edition design
- made with vintage and repurposed materials including a Czechoslovakian 5 Crown coin dated 1938, vintage tassel and repurposed connector
- embellished with a faceted Amazonite nugget
- finished with oxidised sterling silver wire and new cable chain (lead and nickel free)
- 85 cm in total length around the neck edge (refer to my necklace guide for more information) with the amethyst, coin and tassel pendant measures 13 cm
Handmade in Australia, this necklace contains vintage and repurposed materials. These hold some evidence of their former life in a deepened patina and minor wear; I think that is what gives them so much charm.