These asymmetric earrings were created from two unmatched and orphaned vintage rhinestone earrings. One is set in an ornate filigree setting and has the Aurora Borealis coating which reflects light in pinks and greens to pick up the deep amethyst colour in the other. They are finished with repurposed and vintage beads in matched colours.
- ethically and sustainably made
- there is only one one pair
- made from vintage earrings c.1950s-60s, repurposed and vintage beads
- 4.2 cm and 5.5 cm in length
- suspended on 14 carat gold filled hooks
These earrings have been made in my Melbourne workshop with vintage and repurposed materials which may hold some evidence of their former life in a deepened patina and minor wear. I think that is what gives them so much charm.