The Sautoir necklace - a long chain or beaded necklace, often terminating in tassels or a pendant to me symbolises the freedom of movement women gained in the 1920s.
This elegant necklace combines a vintage French coin with semi-precious Amethyst and a vintage tassel.
Amethyst is a meditative and calming stone which is said to work in the emotional, spiritual, and physical planes to provide calm, balance, patience, and peace.
This necklace is:
- ethically and sustainably made
- a limited edition design
- made with vintage and repurposed materials including a French 2 Franc coin dated 1979, vintage tassel and repurposed connector
- embellished with a faceted Amethyst nugget and bead
- finished with oxidised sterling silver wire and new cable chain (lead and nickel free)
- 86 cm in total length around the neck edge (refer to my necklace guide for more information) with the amethyst, coin and tassel pendant measures 13 cm
Handmade in Australia, this necklace contains vintage and repurposed materials. These hold some evidence of their former life in a deepened patina and minor wear; I think that is what gives them so much charm.